Friday, April 25, 2008

Nobody Asked Me, But...

1) Interesting analysis of the Pennsylvania primary here. I draw your attention to the very bottom of the decision tree. In counties where Bush beat Kerry badly in 2004, Clinton wins an overwhelming number, meaning that in truth, Clinton is the one who is drawing Republicans to her side, not Obama.

2) One can only hope that cooler heads will prevail here. Based on what I've heard and read about this trial, I would have voted to convict, but here's the thing: I'm not on the jury. I wasn't asked to pay 100% attention to the evidence and to make up my mind based solely on what was presented. That said, the verdict still smells bad, to me.

3) MEMO to Rev. Wright: You've had your fifteen minutes. Go away.

4) You know, I hear a lot of Obombers try to defend Wright's sermons as "Well, it's hard for white Americans to understand the black church experience." Um, excuse me, but change some of those words around, and you could say the same thing about an awful lot of hate-filled white groups with regards to black Americans.

5) Mr. President, welcome to the party we've been having for seven years now. Did you bother to bring more than your whine?

6) Remind me to drop Newsday as a paper of choice. I've always loved the fact that it wrote intelligently, and covered the news fairly. Now...not so much.

7) I think I found a job for when I retire.

8) If you had been paying attention, CNN, you'd realize she never left!

9) Memo to Rep. Clyburn: Would you have preferred that this stuff about Obama came out in the general election, thus proving to the nation that the only party that "tells the truth" is the GOP?

10) WooHoo! Now you can afford a tank of gas!